Imagine how would be our world if we didn’t measure our life by years. We would just live. Freely. Without making rules for our life according to time. Without associating events to years. Without feeling young. Without feeling old. Off course! If there is no measurement of time, what really is young and what really is old?
1) The greatest advantage of it would be lesser evocation of feeling “Time’s running faster than before”. Let me explain why do we feel this more and more as we age. When you were in school, you felt the year was much much bigger than it is now. Reason being, if you were 9 years old and spent one year in school, then it would be equal to spending worth of 10% of your life in an year. But when you turn 24 years old and spend an year in a boring job, then you are spending only 4% of your life in an year. So in direct comparison, you feel that time is moving much much faster than it was in your childhood.
If there was no measurement of years, I surmise that the feeling will be less depressing. There is no doubt, that the time would still appear to be warped, but slightly lesser than it is now.
2) Lesser depression. People wold not be able to do direct comparison with the peers of exactly their age. I am 28 years old and I am earning only this much and he is 28 years old and he is earning that much. No bullshit like this.
3) No Marriage vs Education. 25 is too late for enrolling into graduate school, I would better drop the idea and get married. Or else I will turn 27 till I graduate and then who would marry me? Seriously, when you become 80 years old, will it matter if you married at 27 or 25? And do you think you will be too old after two years. Yes you are right, drop the idea, you are already old.
4) Extension of above point: You should hurry, next year you will turn 30 and then it will become extremely difficult to find someone for you. Slow claps! How much difference a 29.99 and 30.01 make? You should worry more about your health, not numbers.
5) You are under 35 and you have blood pressure. How on the earth can this be true! They said blood pressure arises after 35 age.
Seriously, what magic does 35 do? Again, leave the numbers and look where humanity is going. The amount of depression and anger present in today’s youth, it can’t match with any other earlier generation. The air you breathe is toxic. And you still believe in 35?
6) I am 40 years old and it’s too late to follow my real passion and leave behind my regular job. Man, you didn’t come to this earth to do stuff you don’t like. It’s never too late, whether it is 40, 60 or 80.
The list will in-exhaustive. And if you really learn to do things in life without considering how old you’re, you will always be on the brighter side, and more importantly, you will be a happy person, if not something else.
The choice is yours. Cheers!
3 thoughts on “A life without years…”
LikeLiked by 1 person
I would love to experience that in our world! But never going to be possible…
If we drop all the fears, then it is certainly possible. Not easy, may take years, but certainly possible!
LikeLiked by 1 person